Thursday, December 18, 2008

some news clips for my friends/family in CA

(and for Rebecca in Chicago. Oh how I wish you were here watching this with me! We would for sure pee our pants!)

The sliding cars make me laugh so hard (as long as no one is hurt of course):


And here's a clip in West Seattle:


It stopped for about 2 hours and now it's starting again. I duck walked/slid to the mailbox to drop off the last batch of Christmas cards and forgot how difficult it is to stomp through thick unshoveled snow drifts. Now I'm curled up on the couch watching Life is Beautiful shoving those damn gingerman cookies into my gob. I don't feel so hot.

5 comments:

HWHL said...

I'm laughing at the "demolition derby" footage... that SAME footage happens in Atlanta whenever it snows. People simply don't know how to drive in it! Best to just STAY HOME. :-)

It is lovely though. And I'm sure all the kids loved having a snow day from school. :-)

ChiTown Girl said...

One of the visits to my cousin was in the winter (January, I think) and the minute three flakes of snow hit the ground, the entire freakin' city shut down!! I couldn't believe it! We're supposed to get 8-12 inches tonight, and not in the good way! ;-) I can't wait!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I know you are not a fan of the cold climate that you are in right now...but the picture of Wrigs looking out the window, next to the christmas tree and seeing all the snow....well, hell, that looks like a great Christmas to me. :)
You can't tell it is Christmas here cause I had to put on the a/c today and the grass is just as green as in JULY!!! Boring.
Thank the good lord you are there to help the injured birds....what would they do with out you??????
Take care,
Suz

Najia said...

Ditto, Suz. All the birds in Seattle should be so lucky. Good on you, Bird Lady Laura. :-)

Loooove the pictures of Wrigs, Chums, tree, and snow. Beautiful.

Gberger said...

Hey, the weather icon is lying again; it's SUNNY and BLUE skies overhead (but it is COLDER than a witch's booty). Are you iced-over? Does it bring back good memories of Chicago? Love you.