Monday, March 30, 2009

mental blockage

I just had complete blockage of the brain. I could not remember the word for camera. I'd been looking for it everywhere, then finally I called Tom to see if he had it but it came out more like this..

"Have you seen the um, the...CRAP! What's that thing called??"

"Uhhhm, I'm not really sure but I'm on another call."

"Wait!! I'm looking for the PICTURE TAKER!"

"The picture taker??"

"OMG I can't think. I need to find the F*CKING thing that takes pictures!!!"

"The camera?"

"YES! Do you have it??"

"Yes, I have the picture taker. I'll bring it home tonight. Can I get back to work now?"

"Yes, please do."

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

You are too fucking hilarious!! I love that you so freely and generously share these stories with the rest of us, just so we all feel a little better about our own "moments."

HWHL said...

Ah, yes. Welcome to middle age. This will happen with increasing (and alarming) regularity. Prepared yourself.
Sometimes I will get in the car to run errands and completely FORGET where I'm going (for about 15 seconds or so...)

It's very irritating, considering how mentally sharp I've always prided myself on being.

Now I feel lucky if I can remember where I parked.

...Sigh....

HWHL said...

See what I mean? I typed "prepared" yourself, rather than "prepare" yourself.

Disastrous.

Anonymous said...

I love the "picture taker"

lizziebelle said...

OMG! I DO THE SAME THING!!! i have no mechanical recall!!


i mix up lawnmower dishwasher and washing machine EVERYTIME and i sputter and spit and eventually fall over exhausted and moaning.