Monday, March 09, 2009

Snow, Snow...

and more SNOW!!!

So we went skiing yesterday...


And it was glorious!


Though today I feel like a piece of dough that's been wrung through a pasta machine. Muscles I never even knew existed ache and so does my wrist/elbow after a high speed crash into a 4 foot snow bank. Ski patrol came, asked if I needed to be taken down the mountain in a toboggan but I refused. I shook it off, took some deep breaths and continued to ski down at a much slower pace.

Anyway the views were amazing and we're still getting more snow today.




And once I'm no longer a wet noodle, I can't wait to do it again soon.

9 comments:

Tara J. Tew said...

Those pictures are amazing!! The mountains look so beautiful..
Great pics!!

Me said...

Thank you Merlot! My girlfriend took most of those pics so I can't really take credit. But it was such a beautiful sight. It's snowing off and on again today too. What happened to Spring?!?

Anonymous said...

Wow--you are the perfect snow bunny! I'm glad you got to sample another of the joys of Pacific Northwest living. YKW

Gberger said...

So glad that you loved it...and the snow!

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

Learning to ski I went into a class of kids and wiped out about 6 of them. My second trip I got out of control, went through some barriers and ended up skiing into the patio of a condo and wiping out with their gas grill. I kept up my learning though and eventually loved it. You will too, especially now that it's not so cold. xoxo.

Me said...

OMG Laurie, that story is crazy!!! You are lucky you didn't up in a full body cast! I love to ski, just wish I didn't have the fear that comes along with a back injury. Surprisingly, my back is the only thing that isn't sore!

HWHL said...

Skiing is SUCH fun! LOVE it! And it looks like you and Tom had a glorious time! Too bad when you had your little accident the St. Bernard from the cartoons didn't come romping up with his little barrell collar with a martini (remember that from the cartoons??)
That would've been cute. :)

lizziebelle said...

oh ow. skiing makes me feel like i have been hit by a truck.

Anonymous said...

It was just you and hubby? No Wrigs, no Chums?

*imagining Chums high speed crashing into a 4 foot snow bank*

:-D