Sunday, February 21, 2010

updates

Tom's Dad is still in ICU but the good news is he is stable. He had bleeding on his brain and that is now under control but they are keeping him in ICU probably another couple of days. The stroke was on the right side of his brain so the left side of his body is affected. Speech, movement, all of that. We are waiting to hear if he will be a candidate for hospital rehabilitation which is the best option because the alternative is a nursing facility which does not seem to make his Dad very happy.

And since yesterday morning, Chumley has been sick. Almost one year ago today this similar thing happened. (Sick Chumley) He won't eat or drink and he can barely walk. He has spent most of today under the bed lying in what looks to be an uncomfortable position. He cries like he's in pain when anyone tries to come near him or even talk to him. When this happened last year it happened in the early morning and lasted until the afternoon. He has been this way since yesterday morning and is showing no improvement. The vet will be here shortly. Thankfully she makes housecalls, even on Sundays.

So again, here I am asking for more healing thoughts and prayers for both Tom's Dad and our sweet Chum. I'm starting to feel greedy asking for so many prayers lately but I feel so helpless in both situations and don't know what else to do.

Tell your Dads (and Moms) how much you love them today. For no special reason at all. And maybe surprise your kitty (or dog) with a special treat and lots of extras rubs too. They deserve it.

7 comments:

Gberger said...

It's not greedy to ask for what is needed - it's being a good advocate. I'm sending lots of loving thoughts and prayers for healing, recovery, peace and comfort. Many hugs to all of you! XOXOXO

lovingthe30's said...

I'm so sorry to here about Chumley. I've been reading your blog for awhile and I love all of your lovely thoughts. :) I will be thinking of you and sending warm, happy thoughts. Remember to take care of yourself as well and good luck through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I just had my son (19) read your blog post. He is praying for you tonight. He is very spiritual. He said "Alot of bad things happen to good people, huh?"

He is a good boy.

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. You are in my thoughts.

J-Mom said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Clippy Mat said...

chin up.
thinking of you :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope Tom's dad will recover quickly - I'm thinking of you guys! Tell Chumley to feel better and get back to his wicked self :)

Me said...

You guys are all so supportive. Thank you. And thank you to your son LeighAnn. I wish the bad stuff was happening more to me, then Chum. I hate seeing him like this. I'll take his swats and bites any day over this!