Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wonder where this guy is now...

During the summers while in college I worked for my sister, who managed a shared office suite. I answered phones for the various businesses - about 30 of them, some with actual offices, others with just phone access and an address to make it appear they had a physical presence. My sister gave me the low down on who's who and how to treat the incoming calls. There were quite a few clients who only came into the office once or twice a week so I mainly just took messages and passed them along.

I had only been working a week or so when I got a call from a very quiet man asking for a therapist who was out of the office. I told him he was not in and asked for his name and number and if he'd like to leave a message. He became really agitated, almost frantic, and was pausing after every few words then finally blurted out, "I can't stop masturbating!"

I freaked out (can't recall what I said - it was either, Ewww! Oh my GOD! or Pervert!) and hung up on him. I ran into my sister's office and told her about the obscene caller.

After we had a laugh with a couple other co-workers who popped in to see what was so funny, my sister asked whose line the pervert called. I told her it was one of the therapists. She got all serious and asked which one. I said Dr. McKay. Her eyes bugged out and she said "OH NO!! He's a sex therapist!! That wasn't a crank call!"

We still laugh about this now and for all we know the guy's still masturbating because he never called back.

(me answering phones, 1994)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh goodness the poor thing. Seems like that would stop naturally after a short while. Hmmm

Anonymous said...

I think I know him. His name is Stiffy Johnson.

Tracey Axnick said...

I'm sure he's blind at this point. :)